Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘Construction’

We have had the good problem of growth at church. This good problem does bring some other problems with it. The main one being, seating. We have been setting up extra chairs in back for most of the new year. This creates a problem with isles being restricted and the flow of people being slow. So one solution that we came up with is to build a new lower stage. The new lower stage would be more slim lined and higher. The previous stage was basically just a couple risers on the floor.

img01096So the new stage started to take shape. It is taller, wider, and tighter back up against the big worship stage.

The goal of this project was to have it done with in a couple weeks. We managed with team work, to have it done in just a few days!  Scott really took charge and had a goal in mind and set out to make it happen.

It was a long couple of days, removing the old stage, cleaning out some things that were in storage under the big stage. Then the new work began. The lumber was delivered early that morning. And the crew got to work.  The shape of the new stage did not take long to start to show its self. img01099

After the plywood was laid down. It was time for Pat and I to install some of our outlets and network jacks. The following day another member of the church, who runs a carpet biz, arrived with some guys to carpet it. They arrived about 4pm and worked straight thru till the job was done. They also carpeted the little stage in the cafe. It looks great also. After the carpet was installed it really looked great. The carpet was a great match to the existing carpet on the floors and walls.

img01132

img_0081

img_0122We used it for the first time this past Sunday and it was great to be able to see the people on stage. Mark even used the extra space to build a cinder block wall across it for an example of his lesson. It  was great.

img_0124

img01095

Another issue we had was that camera station in the back was to low. As we were filming the services it was hard to not get the tops of peoples heads in the shot. So we also built a taller camera station and was able to move the house lighting board out to where the camera operator can do dual duty and run the lighting system also. So a lot of changes took place this week. And services Sunday were great. There are still some things to work on but its getting better.

So that was how we spent the past week. It was a lot of work, but team work made it possible.

Advertisements

Read Full Post »